Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Taste of My Own Medicine

A few more "gems" from Maya....

As I'm trying to get lunch organized and Ian into his highchair
Maya: Mommy, I want to put stickers on your feet.
Me: OK, but hurry up. I need to get Ian ready for lunch.
Maya: Mommy, you need to be more patient.

On a beautiful sunny afternoon
Me: Maya, let's go to the park.
Maya: Sorry sweetie, not today.

I was reminded of this one from back in the fall. Maya had come with me to most of my prenatal appointments where all the doctors at the clinic are female. When we were taking Ian for his 4 month check-up, we had a conversation that went like this...
Me: We have to take Ian to see Dr. Holder for a check-up.
Maya: Is Dr. Holder a boy or a girl?
Me: Dr. Holder is a boy.
Maya (with an astonished voice): Mommy, boys can be doctors too?
Me: Yes Maya, if they work really hard, even boys can be doctors. Hee Hee!

No comments: